Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sorry, I cannot blog anymore - I got a life now!

Just kidding, of course, and no offence meant to any blogger on the Net: I still admire you and your blogs and secretly wish to be like you when I grow up ;)

But it has just become difficult to find the right balance in life so I can actually find the time to sit comfortably with a cuppa and be able to write in peace. Especially now that our little family has grown with a little furry member (our pet dwarf rabbit Buttons, who by the way is growing fast so he won't be a dwarf soon), free time is really scarce. Do not get me wrong - I am loving every minute of it, work and Scouts and home time and all. But I do sometimes miss having too much me-time on my hands!Even as I write this, I am sitting on a window sill in our Scouts headquarters, waiting for Mr G. to finish his Explorer Scouts meeting!

There is one funny thing to mention here. When I first started dating Mr G., I was the Internet and laptop freak. I would get an anxiety attack if being offline for more than 12 hours. He would have a real life and maybe check his Facebook / e-mail once a week, sometimes not even that. He would not think of using Google but would phone and ask his friends / someone who might know. I would be online all the time, even blogging occasionally but with zero interest in page views, average time spent etc. whatsoever.

Nearly a year and a half later, we seem to have swapped roles. While I cook or am busy with my Beaver Scouts or am outside having a real life, he would be blogging and checking the traffic sources and the page views and worrying if his blog didn't get enough hits.

Am I contageous or has someone secretly swapped our minds?

No comments: