Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stroopwafels - nom nom


A few weeks ago I was bitterly criticized by my Dutch colleagues at work that I am obsessed with stroopwafels. One of the questions was why I am making such a big fuss about them since there is nothing special about a stroopwafel. Of course, all the logical arguments I provided as to why one should absolutely love this masterpiece of the Dutch cuisine were discarded immediately.

It felt like explaining to an Eskimo that even one word for snow would suffice - it was useless. Since then I decided to love stroopwafels secretly and not mention it at all. And I had forgotten all about it until yesterday - I was randomly clicking on stats on my Google Analytics page (which I started using recently and wow - someone in New York read me, yay!) when I discovered that someone clicked my blog after googling stroopwafels!

This just proves my point - stroopwafels ARE great! Ha!


// Image from: 101 Cookboks

10 comments:

Inks said...

Yes! Yes, they are! Stroopwafels are the very best thing to come from Holland and amongst the best things that have happened to humanity!

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more

Unknown said...

I'll tell Muffin what you said, Inka! He is convinced HE is the very best thing to come from Holland :D

SSU said...

Is this stroopwafels anything like swedish vÄfflor? http://spel.icakuriren.se/img/recept/bilder/ik1203vaffla.jpg

Unknown said...

No, not really...The Dutch ones are 2 thin layers with syrup in the middle. If I find some in Carrefour on Saturday, Ill buy a pack for you and give it to Fredrik on Monday :)

Tom said...

Stroopwafels FTW! I hope that Joakim gave you some that I brought with me in December ;)

Unknown said...

WTF TOM! GET BACK TO MY BLOG! :(

Tom said...

lol sorry, I still read yours only a bit in silence :P

Unknown said...

Hey Tom,
Joakim would have had no chance for survival if he hadn't shared them with me! Nom nom!

Inks said...

So, to conclude: I am the only one who didn't get any stroopwafels out of the entire experience. Why am I always the one who's screwed up???